Wednesday 29 September 2010

Frogs for dinner anyone?


My husband bought some frogs for dinner last week. I'm just stoked that the butcher prepared them already. There is no way I could have skinned and cleaned the poor little things. Frogs are on my "Cute Little Critters" list not "Food I've Always Wanted to Try" list. I was a bit grossed about the thought of eating them but I figured "Why not? When in Rome..." They're actually not bad. The meat is quite sweet. They taste nice cooked with garlic and lemongrass. Although, I can't be bothered eating something so little. I lose all interest in food as soon as I find out I have to pick bones out of it. I think eating frog once was enough.
The wierdest thing happens when you sprinkle salt on frog meat. It starts twitching. A lot. The first time I saw it, I freaked right out. I thought it was going to jump of the plate and get me. I had some freaky dreams about frogs that night. Check out the videoclip below. I figured you had to see it to believe it.

Creepy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment